CALLED TO PRAY EVEN BEFORE YOU SPEAK
I am writing this with a deep concern, I know it may not sink well with some of us, but as you pray about it, God will reveal more of what He meant when He put this in my heart and what He wants you to do with it.
There is a thin line separating us from false prophesy, it is possible and can simply happen. What I found to help and keep me is to go back to the specific word God gave me when He called me, it helps me make sense of whatever I am faced with and keeps me grounded, When intercessors of God turn to false Prophesy.
You must have noted by now that this article requires those that are called not by Nokia, Samsung Galaxy or whatever phone model but is those that are called by the word of God and referenced according to the word in the bible influenced by the spirit of God. I encourage you to dig deeper in you to discover your own for all are born with a purpose.
Definition of intercession
Intercession is a prayerful system/lifestyle that pleads with God for your needs and the needs of others. Intercession involves clinging on to God’s will and refusing to let go until it comes to pass.
Intercession is warfare — the key to God’s battle plan for our lives. But the battleground is not of this earth. The Bible says, “We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and spiritual powers in the heavens above” (Eph. 6:12).
Intercessory prayer takes place in this spiritual world where the battles for our own lives, our families, our friends, places of worship, our places of education and our nation are to be won over.
Note the following:
- Even as we are seers not all of us are prophets, seeing in the context of Christianity is for both intercessors and Prophets.
- All prophets are intercessors but not all intercessors are prophets
- Prophets are seers to pray and speak a message, intercessors are seers to prayers.
Intercessors of God end up operating as false prophets for one of the following few reasons:
- Execution of a task within the wrong office
- Acting as a prophet simply because you have seen when you are actually called as an intercessor not a prophet.
- Seeking for recognition and own glory
With every Office come requirements.
When God allows an intercessor to see; God’s requirement is that you pray about what you saw, without approaching the subject of the matter, this could be due to the nature of the revelation, God knows that some information may be too much for other people. If God wanted the subject of the matter to know about what was going to happen to/about him/her He could have simply sent a prophet whom He has instructed to Speak, or Him God could have simply shown the subject of the matter about what He allowed you as an intercessor to see, but He is not doing so because He knows at what point they are in, and how much information they can take. He does not want to scare them off or make them feel disqualified of His mercy and saving. The mistake we make as intercessors is that we execute God’s message in the wrong office or an office that we were not called for, we all want to be prophets and Men! If you knew what it takes to be positioned as a prophet of God you’d rather you had a choice….. It’s not easy, it’s not for the faint at heart and it also is not for those seeking self glory and recognition, and with prophets as well it is not about the number of prophetic words you speak to people but it is mostly about the amount of time you spend in intimacy with God…. But our focus now is not intercession therefore I will save more information for the article purely on prophets if God wills…
For now the focus on this article is on intercessors of God. As intercessors we fail because we talk when we should have easily prayed. Commanding in the spirit realm to charge the atmosphere so that whatever the enemy had intended to do will be apprehended by the spirit of God whom we as intercessors of God have ushered into the situation through prayer.
Some of the things we see as intercessors are truly scary hence it is important to remember always that we that we were not given the spirit of fear to be scared off, but we were given the spirit of conquerors to declare the victory of the Lord against all things. we see things like an maneuverings of accidents, Snakes Swallowing people of God, servants of God being dedicated into the Kingdom of darkness, even well known preachers of the word in the bible revealed as agents and rulers in the kingdom of darkness, just to name a few, now imagine you mentioning these things when you are not even ordained as a speaker/prophet, imagine the amount of confusion you have caused. But this entire scenes God is showing us so we can pray them his people out of the mess/test and Him God will give them the message/testimony. If we approach from the office of prophesy when we are to approach them as intercessors this will cause a confusion and a lot of misunderstanding amongst the children of God. Here is why; what you saw may not even come to pass because the minute you fail to do your task effectively satisfactorily to God, He finds someone else who is not looking for Glory and recognition to do it for His glory and the building up of the body of Christ because God is all about saving people not shaming them.
Always remember that a spiritual gift is a given, found in Christ, meaning for one to be able to rightfully discover their gift they must first acknowledge Christ as the Lord and Savior and the only way to the Father in heaven. Since everything we have here on earth is from the Father in Heaven. Spiritual gift is something that has always been within you it takes you to discover it within yourself not to go over the world and search to find it, it requires an inner journey and after having discovered it, it takes you asking for God’s wisdom to drive it according to His will with His wisdom for His people and His Glory, nothing is about you.
Intercessors can identify one another, just as preachers, pastors, prophets; apostles can identify one another even without being formally introduced. The problem we face though in the churches is that, when a church intercessor sees a Kingdom pillar intercessor they somehow have this very strange and ugly stinking attitude because somehow they think you are there to replace them or take their position, or remove them or whatever the insecurity thoughts they may have, because they can see the amount of authority and power in you as an intercessor since you have been ordained for greater works within the same office. And truth is as Kingdom pillars we have got way too much to even think of Church positions, not in a bad way just in a complimentary way, concentrate on your track I am just here to work with you, the reason I am not saying anything to you is because I am respecting you and waiting for you to accept me so I can we can work together for the building up of the body. We also though as kingdom pillars make a mistake of talking too much, sometimes disrespectful of the leaders, thinking because we saw then we are better and holier, which truly is not how it should be. Remember anything that is of God but lacks God’s wisdom is doomed, Yeah!
There are three kinds of Intercessors I have been taught of:
- The Kingdom Pillars
- Church Pillars
- Home Pillars (Woman and or Wives)
but we are going to briefly elaborate on only two.
- There are Kingdom Pillar intercessors – they are not only church focused prayers but they are called to be God’s Kingdom Pillars in a nation and the world at large. They are directed to pray for the churches, the ministers of God and different nations/States. For these kinds, when they see they go deeper in prayer and continue to pray for direction and pleading with God, most of these are in the office of prophets of God as well, but it is not all they see they ought to speak. (Since the focus is on intercessors not prophets, will leave it at this)
Revelations ranging but not limited to:
- 1. Uprooting the words of false prophets – The first and most important thing to do is to pray the church through and speak only when you have to and when you have to speak make sure that God has instructed you to speak and speak with reference to His word (bible). Sometimes leaders make mistakes of trusting people too much which may then compromise the objective of the church and introduce a church to a certain season
(Ref: Jeremiah 27: from 10 -22)
Jeremiah 27: 10. “They prophesy lies to you that will only serve to remove you far from your lands; I will banish you and you will perish”. 18. If they are prophets and have the word of the Lord, let them plead with the Lord Almighty that the articles remaining in the house of the Lord and in the palace of the king of Judah and in Jerusalem not be taken to Babylon. 19. For this is what the Lord Almighty says about the pillars, the bronze Sea, the movable stands and the other articles that are left in this city,
1.2. The crossing over for the church/a nation – first thing you do is pray as a pillar to the church and the leader(s) of the church through whatever season they are stag in; because it is in the progressing of the leader that the followers as well will start to progress. After the leader’s eyes have been opened to see only then can he/she be able to direct the people of God accordingly.
Remember that Joshua was a trustee of the Promised Land for the people, whatever He did would have an impact on the people and the journey they were traveling, and even His personal challenges would impact on the journey towards Entrance into the land of Canaan which was entrusted to him as a representative for the Israelite. The leaders of the church as well are trustees of the objective of the church, and sometimes the leader’s personal challenges have an impact on the progress of the church/nation, hence a kingdom pillar will be sent to stand in the gap and pray them through whatever they were going through.
Joshua got a report from the spies and He only went to the Israelite after three days to tell that as they are going to cross over tomorrow, and they will have to come clean of their sins before God, Joshua too the three days to have God work in Him the coming clean started with him Joshua before he gave instructions to the Israelite. In the same way, our representative Jesus goes before us, went through before us, (Matt 26:38 …………….. “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” to come clean before God so that we as well can learn to make mention to God of our every circumstances, and what we have in God we possess in Him (Christ).
Kingdom pillars are set to keep watch with the called for they are given not just an understanding of the challenges they are going through but also the heart of a help complimentary to God. God gives a Kingdom pillar the favor of the leader of the church before He sends him/her to the church, it takes obedience and wisdom to carry through the task of God without causing confusion and drift in the church.
- 3. The planting of the new church – during the birth of Moses, God was birthing a savior for the Israelite, therefore with all the challenges surrounding the birth of Moses God sent the mid-vies who refused to kill the first born son’s as ordered by the king of Egypt (Exodus 1:17” The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live). So it is with the planting of a new church, the challenges surrounding it as intercessors once God directs you in prayer through His spirit you can follow by praying with the church leaders Apostles, in some instances its people you have never met physically but are introduced to them in the spiritual realm.
Importantly though: Even if you meet a pastor You do not just pray with someone simply because they say they want to start a church, you fist inquiry of God and see if God wants you to be a part of that. You are not being selfish by not meeting people’s expectations but you are being obedient by meeting God’s requirements of you as a Kingdom pillar.
- 4. Parliamentary conflicts – This is so you pray according to God’s word in whatever season God had informed you the nation is facing.
- 1Thim 2: 1. First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered on behalf of all men for kings and all those in authority, so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. 3. This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,…
- Jeremiah 29:7 ‘Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare.’
These ones since they are prophets as well most of them, we find a lot of mistakes they do have huge implications than just causing a drift among the church members may also cause the fall of a church itself, due to the amount of power and authority vested it them.
In their call they are faced with sometimes battling off plantations of the false prophets who may have been into the place before they could get there, they are sent to uproot whatever the false prophets planted in places …. Because they are ordained for this, it takes just your presence to fight off the enemy’s plans and devices.
Secondly we look at,
- Church Intercessors – This kind requires one to have a good standing relationship with God first and for most and a submissive heart to the church elders and leaders, because in most scenarios it will be required of you to share your vision with the church elders and leaders for the building up of the church. You become a help in being the pillar of the church with prayers and you will notice that the more you pray for the church the spirit of God will be directing you towards different directions within the Church,
Revelations ranging but not limited to:
2.1. The Sunday preaching (Word) – it does not automatically make you a pastor please understand.
2.2. Forces working against the plans of the church – This is so you can pray to ensure that whatever plans the church has are seen through.
2.3. Agents of darkness sent to the church – this is so you can pray and nullify their plans and weapons, even when you see them the church you know that whatever they brought with has no power over the place.
2.4. Road accidents orchestrated against church leaders – this is so you can pray for them so that whatever the enemy intended will not happen.
Note this: But he that is joined to the Lord (church as the body of Christ) is one spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be …
- John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born …
- John 17:21-23 That they all may be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, …
- Ephesians 4:3,4 Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace…
- Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
- Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
- 1 Corinthian 1:17 17 “But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in spirit”.
You become one with the leaders of the place in spirit because God as ordained you to be a gate keeper, He puts you on a watch tower, you see things before they happen and pray accordingly. This is so you can pray the preacher through to ensure that whatever forces orchestrated against the message intercession deals with them prior.
If there is any talking to do you do so with the elders and leaders of the church not the church or any of its other members as this will cause a drift. You do not go around opening tea parties about the visions you saw, God’s plans are not a secret just to be revealed but also a mystery to be unfolded. Do not be caught on the other side of the lane.
All this is for the building up of the body of Christ, not for your glory, it is very rare pillars ever get worldly recognition and it is not all who are to be recognized in this task… as long as you trend in the Holy trinity it does not matter who else knows of you because the reason some know not of you is for your own safety.